Sunday, 30 August 2015

August Favourites // 2015


Can you believe that August is coming to an end? I can't because it means that summer is finally over and the idea of heading back to university is beginning to appear again. I have had a wonderful month of going on family holidays and enjoying the couple days of sun. For the first time in a while, all of this month's favourites are products that were recently purchased. These favourites include a palette, bronzer, blusher, nail polish and lipstick.


Back in July, I picked up the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette during a sale on Beautybay.com and it is fast becoming one of my all time favourites. The shades of this palette do seem fairly standard and simple but they give the eye lids some definition and is ideal for everyday wear. My most used shade would have to be 'Cover' which is a light brown taupe colour and blends into the lid perfectly. I also love the packaging and size of this palette because it is so slim and tiny which is great for travelling.


One bronzer that I have used everyday this month is The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in '03'. I have heard so many people talking about this bronzer and had to try it for myself. I couldn't get a lighter shade because they didn't have any in stock but it turns out that this shade suits me well. The honey bronzer isn't overly pigmented and ideal for paler skinned girls like myself and the packaging is gorgeous. The blusher of the month is the Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in 'Pop Of Pink'. This liquid blush is the perfect summer blush as it is so easy to apply and blend and gives off a natural flush. 


There has been one nail polish that I have adored this month and it comes from Tanya Burr. I had never brought anything from the Tanya Burr Collection but I picked this up on sale and haven't stopped using it since. The Tanya Burr Nail Polish in 'Little Duck' which is a light mint green colour has a thick formula and is long lasting. I have only worn one lip product this month and that is a Mac Lipstick in 'Impassioned' which is one of the brightest pink shades I own. I didn't know if I was going to get much use out of it but it turns out, it is one of my most used lipsticks. 


In terms of skincare, I haven't really been using any new or different products apart from the Soap and Glory The Breakfast Scrub. I received this scrub back in Decemeber for Christmas but never got around to using it. However this month, I finally decided to use it and its amazing. This product is thick and really scrubs the skin and makes it feel smooth. However the smell is my favourite part because it smells like maple syrup and pancakes.

What are your August Favourites?

Emily <3

12 comments:

  1. Impassioned looks so good, and I would love if I could get some things of the Tanya Burr collection, but it's impossible here. Such a pity.
    Nice post, have a good day! xx

    selenaponcstyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so pretty! I like S&G body scrubs, that one is lovely! TB nail polish is so pretty, just a perfect colour for summer also that lip stick is gorgeous xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this nail polish colour! :) xx

      Delete
  3. This year has flown by! That Tanya Burr's nail polish shade looks so pretty, definitely need to pick that up! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the UD basics palette such great colours!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great pieces. Love the UD palettes, they really do know how to cater for everyone and this one is just perfect for everyday wear. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colab dry shampoo saved my hair so many times and it probably will today.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric