Thursday, 6 August 2015

How To Get Over The Holiday Blues


There is nothing worse than coming back from a holiday and crashing back down to reality. I'm currently experiencing a bad case of the holiday blues as I had to head back to work the day after coming back and it was hard to say the least. I didn't think I was going to miss the holiday that much but the whole daily life thing is really taking its toll on me so I have come up with some ideas to beat those holiday blues and to get back into the everyday life.

Allow Yourself To Rest - Throwing yourself back into work straight after coming back from a holiday can make the blues worse. I know that resting after a holiday may sound silly as holidays are for relaxing right? but everyone needs a couple of days to sit back and rest which for me includes watching as much tv as possible and catching up on blogs. Just give yourself time to unwind before tackling work.

Have a Pamper Session - Along with rest comes a pamper session. One of my favourite things to do after a holiday is a pamper session because I don't normally bring my pamper essentials on holiday with me. This often includes face masks, hair masks, body scrubs, facial scrubs, luxurious shower gels and foot cream. Nothing makes me feel better than treating myself and feeling clean and fresh as well as smooth and soft.

Look Over & Edit Holiday Photos - I find it fun and interesting to go through all the holiday photos as this allows me to relive the holiday in some way and have a laugh along the way. Editing the photos is a great way to create memories and having photos is a wonderful way to remind you of the holiday you have had and I love spending time going through the photos a couple of months later. I even frame and hang up some of the photos around my room.

Reflect On The Holiday - After a holiday, I always meet up with friends for coffee or lunch to talk about our travels and adventures and what we got up to. Reflecting and talking about the holiday is a great way to come to terms about the end of the holiday and to share the great memories that you have collected and made. Having these memories allows you to forever relive and remember the holiday.

Have Something To Look Forward To - Once I have come back from a holiday, I start planning and looking at new and different places to go next. I love the idea of having a new holiday to look forward to and always cheers me up and I often take months to research places to stay and visit. If you can't afford to go away straight away then why not create a travel board on pinterest and look at places for the future.

Do you ever suffer from the holiday blues? How do you deal with it?

Emily <3

6 comments:

  1. Definitely dislike that feeling of coming back home to reality. Holidays are always so good to have a break from everything and I love travelling. I'm still waiting for my holiday as it's in September though I know it'll be over before I know it! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a wonderful holiday :) xx

      Delete
  2. I always get the holiday blues - all that time looking forward to it, and then it's all over! Love these tips though x x

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric