Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Mac Impassioned Lipstick | Review


I have always loved the idea of Mac Lipsticks and bright colours but I could never bring myself to spend the money on a lipstick that I may not ever wear. However when I was looking on Fragrance Direct I saw that they were selling discounted Mac Lipsticks and I couldn't help but pick up a new one. I spend a couple of hours looking at different swatches and ended up buying Mac's  'Impassioned' in an Amplified Cream Finish.


The lipstick comes in the Black Sleek Mac packaging which I personally love and adore not to mention the smell that a new Mac lipstick has to it. I don't really know what made me decide to pick 'Impassioned' over other shades but I couldn't help but be intrigued by the brightness of the shade and also saw many great reviews about this lipstick. I have also never tried an Amplified finish before so I was very interested in it.


Mac's Amplified is a bright pink shade with coral undertones to it. I wasn't sure if I was ever going to  wear it but I was wrong. It is quickly becoming one of my everyday essentials. I would describe this shade as an almost neon pink colour which is stunning. I will admit that this is a pretty bold choice but I have made it my mission to step outside my comfort zones when it comes to lipsticks. The formula of the lipstick is creamy and hydrating while being long lasting. Although it may be bright, I feel that this shade would compliment any skin tone.


Having never tried an Amplified Cream Finish lipstick before I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of the formula but I was pleasantly surprised. With just one swipe, bold full colour is applied to the lips which creates a bright bold look. My favourite part about this lipstick is the fact that it is creamy and buttery and doesn't dry out my lips like any products I have previously used. This is definitely not a sheer product but rather completely opaque and only requires one application.


The lasting power of this lipstick is unbelievable and doesn't need to be reapplied during the day even when you eat your lunch and dinner. I also found that the lipstick didn't transfer onto my cup when drinking my coffee which is always a bonus. I would even compare the long lasting power to a lip stain and is such a fun and bright colour which is perfect for everyone.

Have you tried this Mac lipstick before? What did you think?

Emily <3

12 comments:

  1. Such a nice shade! I love it! I need a MAC lipstick haul! They have so many amazing colors!
    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has to be my favourite shade! :) xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty shade of pink. It look really good

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a the perfect summer colour! :) xx

      Delete
  3. This is probably one of my favourite warm toned pinks out there! LOVE IT!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the ideal pop of colour! :) xx

      Delete
  4. i actually got my first mac lipstick not too long ago, love this color!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love your mac lipstick! :) xx

      Delete
  5. MAC lipsticks win everytime - great shade

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that they are some of the best :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love MAC lipsticks! I love this colour and it is on my MAC lipstick wishlist!

    Nicola | www.thebeautymonologue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric