Thursday, 13 August 2015

My Organisational Must Haves


I am a big organiser in general and this includes blogging, university work, from my wardrobe to my make up collection. There is something about everything  being organised that really makes me happy and puts a smile on my face. Because of this, I have come up with a couple of essentials that are needed for my organisation. These must haves are vital for blogging and university essays and exams so here are my favourites.

Planner 
If there is one thing I am never far away from it is my planner. I remember using a planner back when I was in primary school and was something that I didn't really bother with but now I don't know what I would do without it. I write down everything that I need to do such as blog posts, work hours, university deadlines and dates with friends. I always get my planners from WH Smith as they have a great selection. This planner keeps me in check and basically has my life in it.

Calendar
Along with my planner is a calendar. You may think that this is odd to have both a planner and calendar but I feel the need to have both. I personally use the calendar on my iphone as I always have it with me. I find that having a calendar is a great way to have an overview of the upcoming events. I normally write down the event in the calendar and then add more detail in my planner. I often write down doctor and eye appointments as well as holidays.

Notebooks 
Notebooks have to be my secret addiction and I own way too many. I have so many notebooks that are currently lying around the room. I use them for a number of different things but my main one is used to write down any blog ideas I have. I try my best to keep this in my handbag so that if I have an idea for a post at a random moment during the day, I can write it down. Every once in a while I have a brainstorm session for ideas and I write them down in a notebook. I also have several notebooks for different subjects at university.

Organisational Apps
I'm sad to admit that my phone is glued to my hands during most hours of the day and because of this, I have a couple of apps to help me stay organised. My favourite and most used app is the classic 'Reminders' which is great for writing down things to do later. I also have apps for keeping my blog organised such as 'Blogger', 'Bloglovin' and 'Twitter' and 'Instagram'. I also love to use 'Notes' to write down food to pick up as well as 'Voice Memos' to record any ideas or notes.

What are your organisational must haves?

Emily <3

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I love organisation! I have so many notebooks! I just can't write in some because they are so pretty haha! I'm obsessed! I can't live without my one notebook, I write everything in it and doodle!

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Some notebooks are just too pretty to write in! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I wish I was more organised! Last year I started using a white board during term time listing what was due in and when. I think having a physical reminder on my wall really helped
    Summer xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also had a white board which is great for a visual reminder! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric