Thursday, 27 August 2015

Teen Make Up Basics


I remember when I first started wearing make up, I didn't have much money to spend and had no idea what products I really needed. However with time and research, I finally figured out what make up I needed and what products are the best. I have a younger sister who is beginning to try make up and that got me thinking about a make up starter kit for teenagers who may not have loads of money to splash out on high end products. 


Bases
I didn't really feel the need to cover my face in foundation as I didn't need the coverage and the same goes with my sister. However I know that not everyone is the same and on special occasions, I prefer a bit more coverage as well. When this happens, I turn to the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream which gives a light matte coverage which is perfect for teenagers and contains salicylic acid to combat those pesky little spots. As an oily skinned girl, I always apply a bit of powder to keep the shine away. The Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder is the best oil control powder I have ever used and keeps the shine away for the whole day without re powdering.     


Blusher & Bronzers
One product that I struggled to find for a reasonable price is bronzer. Most great bronzers from Boots and Superdrug are not that cheap but one bronzer that is great for the price is the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder. This bronzer is amazing as it comes in both shimmer and matte as well as different shades and isn't overly pigmented and suits pale girls really well. A blusher that is great quality for the money is the Natural Collection Blusher in 'Peach Melba'. Although the packaging looks and feels fairly cheap but the actual product is so pigmented and gives a natural flushed look. 


Eyeshadows
Everyone has one make up product that they are obsessed with and mine is eyeshadows. Buying an eyeshadow palette is the best way to get the most for your money and one that is amazing from the drugstore is the Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette. This palette contains six bronze shades all of which are buttery and blend into the eye lids perfectly. I would highly recommend checking out with this palette. However if your looking for better quality eyeshadows, single eyeshadows are the way to go. The MUA Single Eyeshadows in 'Copper' and 'Peony' are some of the best from Superdrug and the pigmentation is unbelievable. 


Eyeliners 
I am not going to lie when I say that I was hopeless at applying eyeliner and therefore I didn't bother to wear liners. However a couple of months ago I just decided to try again and fell in love. I personally think that black liquid liner may be a bit too heavy for school and teenagers so I am going to recommend a pencil. There is one brand that does eye liners like no one else and that is Rimmel. I love wearing the Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in 'Sable Brown'. This liner stays in place all day and is super soft and doesn't drag along the lashline either.  


Lip Products 
When I was a teenager, I didn't really wear lipsticks but rather a lip butter or balm to moisturise  my lips. However if your looking for something with a pop or hint of colour there are some great sheer products which are ideal for school. I love wearing the MUA Intense Kisses High Intensity Gloss in 'Lips Are Sealed'. This lip gloss gives a sheer wash of natural pink colour that makes your lips look glossy and natural. I love to wear this product when I am having a no make up kind of day and doesn't dry my lips out. 

What are your Teen Make up Basics? 

Emily <3 

10 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! Wish I had had that many options when I was a teen! x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this guide would've helped me out so much when i was 13 - i had no idea what i was doing back then, and there weren't even super affordable good quality brands like mua for me to experiment with x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh the MUA shadows are perfect for £1, and the Makeup Revolution ones too! xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really try some make up revolution single eyeshadows :) xx

      Delete
  4. Great post! The maybelline bb creams are my favorites!!
    -Maria
    IN1997

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic selection, perfect for starting out

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric