Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Budget Dupes & Drugstore Alternatives


Make up is something that I love to buy and can often spend hours lusting over high end beauty products which I wouldn't be able to afford. However since getting a summer job, I have had a bit more money to treat myself with so I have been able to purchase more expensive items. Believe me when I say that I know how it feels to not have the money to try out these much talked high end products so I have found a few budget dupes and drugstore alternatives.



First up is a dupe for a Mac Lipstick that I always wear. Earlier this summer, I brought a Mac Lipstick in 'Impassioned' which is of an amplified formula. I personally love this lipstick formula as it is long lasting, creamy and moisturising. A budget dupe is the Topshop Lipstick in 'Brighton Rock' of which has a very similar formula. These two lip items are almost the same as they are both long lasting, hydrating and very opaque. The only difference may be that the Mac Lipstick is slightly more glossy when compared to the Topshop Lipstick.



Another hyped product is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in 'Lush'. Every blogger has talked about this pencil as it has great lasting power and claims to glide on the lashline. However I found this pencil to be rather chalky and created a lot of fall out. Because of this, I found a drugstore alternative which is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 'Bronzer'. Although the shades aren't identical, the formula is very comparable as they are both creamy, pigmented and waterproof but I surprising prefer the Rimmel Liner and use it more than the Urban Decay one and recommend trying the Rimmel one.



One eyeshadow that I picked up a few months back is the Mac Eyeshadow in 'Amber Lights'. I adore this gold, copper burned orange coloured eyeshadow and is ideal for the autumn months paired with a berry toned lip. The colour payoff is amazing and blends into the eye lids perfectly. But at £13 a pop, not everyone can afford to spend that much money so a dupe is the Make Up Academy Eyeshadow in 'Copper'. I brought this eyeshadow last year and used it almost everyday and I noticed a while back that they were similar. These two eyeshadows are almost the same in terms of texture, formula, colour as well as pigmentation. At £1, you can't find a better dupe at the drugstore.


The last drugstore alternative is probably my favourite and is the one that I'm most excited about. The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is a product that I use daily and keeps my eyeshadow in place all day. However the other day, I ran out of it but couldn't face paying £16 so decided to try a different primer instead. The Helen E Stage Eyeshadow Primer is a great alteravtive as it gives a great base for the eyeshadow and makes it last longer. The only difference I have found is that after six hours, creases can be seem, whereas the Ubran Decay Primer is slightly longer lasting.

What are your favourite budget dupes and alternative?

Emily <3

14 comments:

  1. Wow the lipsticks are almost the same :) So cool!
    xx
    http://www.thenewpersonalassistant.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, thanks for pointing out the dupes :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'd say the MUA shadow is better than the MAC one in your swatches xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely more copper toned! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this posts. They really do look similar♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love reading dupes people have found, even though sometimes it's nice to splurge it is always nice to know there's a cheaper option out there!

    Liz | lotsofloveliz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this kind of posts and I love the lipstick! Great post xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much and it is a lovely lipstick :) xx

      Delete
  7. this is going to save me so much money, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric