Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Mini Autumn Haul




I'm very excited that sweater weather isn't that far away as the days are beginning to feel cooler and the air crisper. I do love the summer months but there is something about layering up with scarves and coats while drinking hot chocolate that makes me very happy. One thing that changes with the season is the beauty and make up trends and therefore I felt the need to upgrade my make up sash for some more fall appropriate beauty pieces. 

As soon as the temperature drops, I love to change up the colours on my cuticles. The shades I normally turn towards at this time of year are more red, berry, purple and black colours and of course a bit of glitter during the holiday season. However one nail varnish that I picked up from Boots was the OPI Nail Lacquer in 'Just Beclaus' which is a berry toned colour. This nail varnish will be an essential during autumn because of the plum purple shade and will match many different outfits. 

Buying a mascara during autumn may seem slightly odd but hear me out. I am lucky enough to have fairly long lashes so I rarely ever wear mascara during the summer but in autumn, I prefer a big bold eye look. Because of this, I decided a new mascara would be a nice treat and the Maybelline Big Eyes Volume Express was my choice of mascara. The idea of two different mascara wands at either end is brilliant and makes it easier to apply product to the lower lashes without looking over dramatic. 

The most exciting part of the autumn season is the different lip trends which means berry toned products. I may have gone a bit crazy on the lips front as I suddenly felt the need to have plum berry shades within my lipstick collection. The first of the lip items is the Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Product in 'Keep It Classy' which is a deep plum red tone. This is perfect for autumn and I'm very excited to try this! The Maybelline Colour Elixir in 'Glam 6' is a lipgloss of a dark purple tone and is very fall appropriate and gives you that almost vamp-y look which I am currently loving. The final lip product comes is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in '29' which looks very purple in the tube but actually applies a bright pink berry shade on the lips and I love it. I have worn this lipstick for the last couple of days non-stop. 

You may not think that contouring is something that is specific to autumn and your probably right but I really wanted to try contouring so I decided to pick up a kit. The Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit was the one that I picked up as I saw it popping up on blogs over the last couple of days and it went into my basket. I really adore the packaging of this product as it is very similar to Nars and looks very sleek. I will definitely be reporting back and reviewing this product so stayed tuned. 

Have you brought any new make up for fall? 

Emily <3 

12 comments:

  1. That looks so nice! Keep up the good work girl :)

    xo
    thenewpersonalassistant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there !!! been following your blog for a while now and I must say I look forward to when reading more :D
    keep up the good work :D
    also I love your blog design !!

    come say hi

    Jadiee'sLittleBlogGIVEAWAY

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This honestly means the world to me! thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love what you picked! Those lipsticks look really beautiful, I really want to try the Velvet Lip, it looks like a perfect fall shade. btw, if you like contouring, I recommend you Sleek contour kits, they're a little bit more expensive I think, but they're really nice.
    Have a good day ^^

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have definitely been eyeing up the sleek kits! :) xx

      Delete
  4. gREAT !lOVE THE COLORS

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so like what you picked! Perfect autumn shades, I like to wear them when it gets kinda cooler :) Maybelline lip product is so pretty! xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try out this pencil! :) xx

      Delete
  6. love OPI & the kate moss lipsticks as well!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric