Sunday, 27 September 2015

No7 Stay Perfect Shade & Define Pencils | Review


One product that I haven't had great success with is eyeshadow sticks. I have tried a fair few from a range of different brands but they all creased and rubbed off my eye lids. Because of this, I wasn't too bothered about trying these eyeshadow sticks. However when I was walking around Boots, I randomly tested these on the back of my hand and was very impressed.


The packaging of this item is very sleek and simple which includes the product inside a twisted push up manoeuvre. I find that this makes it easy to apply and use and has a little sharpener inside the bottom which is ideal for making the product more precise. These sticks can be used as an all over lid shade, as an eye liner or as a eye base.


The actual product feels very creamy and is so pigmented and doesn't need to be pressed too hard. I will mention that they dry rather quickly so a lot of fast blending is required. Saying this, the lasting power is unbelievable and even stays in place on my oily eyelids. I picked up the shade of 'Cool Mink' and 'Coffee Bean' and makes a perfect pairing for a natural everyday look.


The shade of 'Coffee Bean' is a warm brown chocolate colour and is ideal for the autumn months. I prefer to use this as a eye liner as it gives a more natural look rather than a black liquid liner. I also found this product slightly easier to apply to the lashline. 'Cool Mink' is a more wearable shade and is a shimmery taupe colour which is perfect as an all over lid colour and works well as a base for me. If you find yourself wondering around Boots, have a test of these eyeshadow sticks as they are well worth the £8 and may even be dupes for the By Terry Ombre Black Star Eyeshadows!

Have you tried these eyeshadow sticks? What are your thoughts on them?

Emily <3

14 comments:

  1. They sound really good! I have never used these before but I keep seeing them! I love the look of cool mink!

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried them however they sound really good! I like No7 products so I might check them out x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the shade Cool Mink and I pretty much wear it everyday - its so stunning!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these kind of eyeshadow sticks, have a few from KIKO which I use all the time as they are so practical, so I'll definitely have to check these out next. Love the shades you picked up, gorgeous x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so practical and definitely worth a buy! I really need to try out the Kiko ones :) xx

      Delete
  5. Both of these shades are gorgeous! I love eye shadow sticks, as they are just so easy to apply and blend - great review by the way.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great products and thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  6. Cool Mink is such a lovely colour! I've tried eyeshadow sticks recently like the Rimmel offerings and really liked them, I like the packaging of these ones too :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get on that well with the rimmel sticks which is a shame really! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric