Tuesday, 29 September 2015

September Favourites // 2015


As another month comes to an end and a new University year starts again, I am reflecting on the products which have seen me through. I always find September an odd month because there are joys of celebrating birthdays but also the bitter sweet goodbyes as I headed back to University. However I have rounded up the beauty products that have stuck with me which include a contouring kit, an eyeshadow quad, brushes and a primer. 


First up is a contour kit which I have basically used everyday during September. I am not really a fan of contouring mainly because I haven't any idea of how to contour but when I spotted the Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit in Boots, I felt that this would be a good place to start. If I am being honest, I haven't been using the highlighter shade but rather the bronzer. This is because I prefer to use a bronzer without shimmer and this bronzer completely matte which is perfect as well as being fairly creamy and blend-able.


When it comes to Eye Primers, the Urban Decay Primer Potion was the only one I used but when it ran out, I could't afford the price tag so I researched alternatives and came across the Helen E Stage Eyeshadow Primer. This primer only cost £5 and is almost the same as the Urban Decay one. It is packaged in this plastic tube which is ideal for knowing how much product you have left. The actual product is amazing as it makes your eyeshadow more pigmented and long lasting. If your in the market for a newer cheaper primer, try this one!


In terms of eyeshadows, I have tried a fair few but one eyeshadow palette that I have constantly returned to is the Fleurdeforce Eyeshadow Quad in 'Cosmic Bronze'. I wasn't sure what to make of these quads when they were released but was impressed after using them and have a review about them here. I love using this palette for an everyday look as it contains two matte brown shades and a couple of shimmery shades to make a great daily bronze look. My personal favourite is the bronze shade on the bottom left.




The product I have used most throughout this month would have to be the Eco Tools Eye Enhancing Duo Set. I own loads of different eyeshadow brushes but these are the only ones that I have used. I find that fact they are double ended ideal for me because it means that I don't have to mess about trying to find a blending brush. I have been enjoying the shade, blend and define brush ends as they give you that effortless look. I can't recommend these enough!


I haven't been overly adventurous in terms of nail polish this month as I have just turned to my regularly pinks and mint greens shades but one new colour that made it onto my nails is the OPI Nail Lacquer in 'Just Beclus'. I brought this nail polish because the dark plum purple shade seemed very autumn appropriate. The colour is perfect for this time of year and the formula is long lasting and thick which means that clips don't occur very often.

What products have you been loving during September?

Emily <3

10 comments:

  1. The Fleur de Force palette looks amazing! I really have to try that eye primer out too as I had a few Urban Decay testers but have run out >< Love your favourites x
    Freyas Fashion Chapter MAC GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try out that contour palette! I tested it in the shop and loved the texture!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing that contour kit everywhere, I really want to try it! xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also reviewed the Seventeen Contour Kit recently and I think it's a lovely product for the price. I agree though I also use a separate highlighter with a sheen to it & I stick to using the powder in the kit for setting my under eye concealer x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your September favourites choices! The Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit reminds me so much of the NARS one. It looks like such good quality too.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look very similar don't they?! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric