Thursday, 17 September 2015

Summer to Autumn | Transitional Make Up


I am so excited for the cooler weather and the autumn months to roll around but it's currently that in between time after summer but before autumn and which is ideal for transitional make up products. There has been so many autumn make up tutorials popping up on YouTube but I thought for this post I would crack out the products that help me to transition from summer to autumn.

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder '52 Vanilla' 
During the summer months, I normally use a heavy oil controlling powder as I am oily skinned but when the temperature drops slightly, I turn to this Bourjois power. I find that this powder is lighter and gives a more natural finish which I prefer during autumn as I am less oily which doesn't require a heavy powder. The scent of this product is amazing and smells fruity and fresh and has great packaging.

Milani Baked Brush ' 05 Luminoso' 
I am blusher crazy and own almost every shade possible. In summer I wear liquid cheek tinits as well as cream blushers in coral and peachy tones because they look more natural. However when it comes to autumn I turn to darker and more shimmery powder blushers and one that transitions well is the Luminoso Baked Blush as it contains shimmer but is still a light peach shade.

Clarins Ombre Mineral  Eyeshadow '08 Taupe'
In terms of eyeshadow, I wear pink champagne shades during the sunny months as I feel they pair well with brighter pink lips but during the autumn months I turn to bronze tones and one shade that I use to transition with is taupe. I feel that this is an ideal in between shade and my favourite taupe eyeshadow comes from Clarins as it contains a slight hint of shimmer and the quality is unbelievable and feels very buttery.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal '001 Black' 
I'm a massive fan of bronze and brown pencil liners because it looks more natural and matches champagne eyeshadows. However during autumn, I normally wear black liquid liner as it makes bronze eyeshadows stand out more and a great transitional liner is a Rimmel Pencil Liner in Black. This pencil liner glides on without tugging on lid and is very long lasting and pigmented.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick Matte '110' 
If you know me well, you will know I wear nothing but bright pink lip products in the summer months as they add a great pop of colour. But when it comes to autumn I wear reds and berry toned lipsticks so a good in between colour is a red orange toned lipstick. Not everyone likes orange but this lip product suits me well and dries to a matte finish and doesn't move after that.

What are your transitional make up?

Emily <3

12 comments:

  1. I actually really like orange toned lip shades, not on me but a lot of people can pull it off. Definitely a nice summer shade to have! http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing it during the summer :) xx

      Delete
  2. The Milani Baked Blush looks lovely! I'd love to add it to my collection!

    http://www.beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blush and lip stick looks gorgeous! Great for transition.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before you put on your lip stick do you put anything on your lips to prime them so they are less likely to smug?

    Beth x
    www.ProFemaleBlogger.com // Blogger Of The Week Interview with Em Sheldon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally don't use anything as it is very matte :) xx

      Delete
  5. Hi :) I really like your blog. I really want to try the Luminoso blush :)

    Have a lovely day ! www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much and it is the best drugstore blusher :) xx

      Delete
  6. I keep trying to convince myself that I didn't need Kate Moss 110, but this just made me want to add it back to my wishlist, haha!

    www.ashbam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my go to lipstick at the moment! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric