Tuesday, 22 September 2015

The Autumn Nail Polish Menu


One reason why I love the change in season is the change in the shades of nail polish. During the spring and summer months, I wear more bright pink and pastel shades as well as mint green colours but as it becomes autumn I turn towards darker and deeper purple and pink tones. I find that these types of colours suit autumn make up and fashion better and gives me a chance to crack out the darker toned shades.


Revlon Colourstay Gel Envy 'Up To Ante' 
I brought this nail polish last autumn and fell in love with this purple colour and is the same this year. I hadn't really tried many nail polishes from Revlon before but I was very impressed by formula as it is long lasting and looks like a gel nail polish. I always like wearing this purple shade during these months because it matches the other berry tones of autumn.


Max Factor Glossfinity 'Red Passion'
A colour that I always go back to during autumn is red and this Max Factor nail polish is no different. I find that red nails give a very classic look and can be worn all year but suits my autumn wardrobe more. Max Factor is another brand that I haven't tried for nail polish but this nail polish wears very well and looks very glossy as the name would suggest and applies very thick.


OPI Nail Lacquer 'Just Beclaus' 
This is my newest addition to my nail polish collection and is ideal for these upcoming months. I am a massive fan of OPI nail polish as the quality is amazing and doesn't clip off my nails until day seven which is great. This nail polish contains pink and purple berry tones and just shouts autumn to me and is a slightly darker shade which suits this type of weather more and is a great alternative for black nail polishes. This may even be perfect for the Christmas season.


Barry M Nail Paint ' Vintage Violet' 
Another purple toned nail polish from Barry M. If there is one brand that I always buy nail polish from it has to be Barry M as they do budget nail polish like no one else. This nail polish is a more muted pale purple colour and is perfect for the colder months as it matches my darker autumn coats and lipsticks. If there is one nail polish you should try I would suggest this one.


Essie Nail Lacquer 'Haute In The Heat' 
I don't really wear pink nail polishes as much during autumn as I like to save them for spring and summer but I do like to wear this darker pink colour from Essie. I find that this nail polish gives a girly touch and is great for a party. The formula and quality of Essie Nail Polishes is unbelievable as they are long lasting and apply on the nails very thick and opaque.

What are your favourite nail polishes?

Emily <3

16 comments:

  1. I love all your picks! I adore a grey or a dark red for this time of the year! I'm painting tonight!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to purchase some grey nail polishes! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Opi and Essie are gorgeous! Such great picks! I'm loving berry nails at the moment :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a massive berry nail polish fan :) xx

      Delete
  3. Love your picks! The colours are so pretty♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Essie colour is so gorgeous, definitely need to pick that up! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my personal favourites :) xx

      Delete
  5. Up To Ante is such a pretty colour, I love it!

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the perfect purple colour! :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love the look of the Essie colour! Very pretty x
    www.lookwhosyorking.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is currently discounted on Fragrance Direct if you fancy picking it up :) xx

      Delete
  7. I have the Essie red color! Maybe I should try the other ones as well :-)

    http://www.dailyjosefine.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  8. These shades are spot on for Autumn. Big fan of the Max Factor Glossfinity polishes.

    Jess
    myblogjessica.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just amazing nail polishes?! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric