Sunday, 18 October 2015

Autumn Makeup Menu


When the cooler months come around, I find myself reaching for different shades and products as this time of year suits darker tones, berry lips as well as golden eyes. During the summer, I turn to lighter champagne eyeshadows, bright pink lipsticks, coral blushers and brown pencil liners as they give a more bright and fun look. However as autumn hits, my make up bag is emptied and refilled with different more appropriate shades.  


In terms of base, I swap my tinted moisturiser for a foundation with slightly heavier coverage as my skin generally looks duller and spottier during the cooler months. My foundation of choice is the Revlon Nearly Naked in '110 Ivory' as it gives a fairly matte finish. However if I am having a good skin day I turn towards the Simple Perfecting Beauty Balm which gives a lighter coverage. The only powder I ever use is the Bourjois Healthy Balance in '52 Vanille' which takes away shine and controls oil. I use the Helen E Stage Eyeshadow Primer everyday as it makes my eyeshadow last all day. 


During the summer, I just apply bronzer and leave it but I feel that autumn is a great time for contouring as it gives more definition to your face and my favourite contour kit has to be the Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour as it is so easy to use. However if I do want to bronze I turn towards the L'oreal Glam Bronzer in '06'. There is one blusher that I always use in the colder months and that is Sleek's Powder Blusher in 'Rose Gold' as it gives a flushed cheeks look while also giving a highlight as well. I also love using the Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in '001 Pop of Pink' because it gives me that rosy glow look.


Eye shadows are my favourite thing to change during the autumn as I am a massive fan of copper and gold shades. My all time favourite eyeshadow for autumn is the Rimmel Eyeshadow in 'Spicy Bronze' as it is the ideal bronze colour and suits almost every look and lipstick. Another great alternative is the Mac Eyeshadow in 'Amber Lights' which is a warm burned orange colour. It wouldn't be an autumn post without mentioning the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Metallic Pomegranate' because it is a wonderful red plum colour. I always go for darker thicker liners and the Soap & Glory Supercat Liner is a wonderful choice as well as the Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide On Eye Pencil in 'Lush'. 


When it comes to autumn lipsticks, it will come as no surprise that I wear nothing but purple as I find it suits me really well and is always a eye catcher. I know that not everyone feels comfortable wearing such a bright and bold shade but over time I have learnt to become confident in wearing more fun colours. The Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in '29' is the most amazing purple shade with a hint of pink to it where as the Collection Lip Butter in 'Perfect Plum Plum' is more of a purple plum shade.

What are your favourite make up products for autumn?

Emily <3

12 comments:

  1. MAC Amber Lights looks really nice, and so does the Rimmel lipstick! I love what you've picked, everything looks really fall-ish!
    Have a nice day xx

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using the Mac Amber Lights :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great picks! That eyeliner is my favourite one :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lip colours are gorgeous, really Autumnal! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pick!

    I'm hosting an Urban Decay & Sephora giveaway. Check it out: http://thewestcoastexplorer.me/2015/10/16/birthday-giveaway-add-on/

    XoXo,

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric