Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Celebrating 20 Years of Life


Coming to the end of my teenage years feels like the scariest thing ever. In fact, I would happily turn 19 again and again. However that can't be the case, so here I am celebrating the 20 years of my life so far. I don't really know where the last couple of years have gone because I swear I was only 15 years old a year ago! I'm going to put that down to the fact that I have had a couple of crazy last years filled with the good and bad. But before diving further into future, why not look back and reflect on what I have learnt along the way so far.

1. You can't please everyone.

2. Not everyone will be your best friend.

3.Your family will always be there for you. Even at three o'clock in the morning.

4. It's Ok to ask for help.

5. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and don't beat yourself up.

6. There will always be down days.

7. But you will always get back up.

8. Stop regretting anything that was necessary.

9. Going for a walk can help clear the mind.

10. Worrying about everything doesn't help.

11. Over thinking makes it seem impossible.

12. Fairly lights make every room cosy.

13. Hugs make everything better.

14. Mint green is definitely my favourite colour.

15. No one is perfect.

16. There is nothing wrong with being shy and quiet.

17. Wear clothes that are comfortable. Even if its sweatpants.

18. Bronze eyeshadows are my favourite.

19. More sleep is better than watching extra tv.

20. Enjoy life because you only live once. (very cheesy, I know!)

There are so many more lessons learnt throughout the 20 years but more importantly, I'm sure there will be many more to come. Here's to another 20 years...

Emily <3 

6 comments:

  1. I definitely miss being able to say that 'I'm a teenager' time just flies way too quickly when you turn 20! Hope you had a good birthday! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can please everyone for sure! I agree with some of these facts as I also thought the same and I wished I had known all these before. Now you can fully enjoy your 20s with the things you learnt when you were a teenager :) Hope you are enjoying your new age x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel, I turn 20 next Feb and I am so scared! I probably won't feel much different, but it's just the thought of officially being an adult!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! I'm officially an adult :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric