Sunday, 4 October 2015

H&M Eyeshadow Palette | Review


One of the first make up products I ever brought was a little eyeshadow palette from H&M which came with a sponge applicator and everything. Because of this, I knew that H&M did make up but was never that bothered by it as the quality wasn't that great. However what I didn't realize was that they had completely re branded and relaunched their whole make up range. I had a look around the beauty section and decided to pick up an eyeshadow palette.


I picked up the palette called 'Aubergine Dream' which looks ideal for autumn and contains some amazing shades. What really caught my eye was the new packaging of the products and this palette was no different. I have heard some people compare the packaging to Tom Ford and it looks very fancy and sleek. The palette comes with a large mirror and nine pretty shades. I also like how slim the product is and is a great size for popping into your handbag or make up bag for travel.


The actual eyeshadows have a very buttery texture to them and feel silky and blendable. However I will mention that some of the light matte shades are more chalky which can result in a bit of fall out but nothing too bad. I will say that the darker shades are very pigmented so be carefully if your heavy handed but blends perfectly into the lid and stays in place. The range of shades is great and includes a mixture of shimmers and mattes which I actual like and prefer. Unfortunately the brown shade on the bottom left basically contains chunks of glitter which I can't wear and that is a shame.


(Top Row Swatches From Left To Right)  


(Middle Row from Left to Right) 


( Bottom Row from Left to Right)

Overall, I would say that this is a great budget eyeshadow palette as it offers a range of different colours which allow you to create several different looks. I have been using this palette for the past couple of weeks and I have been loving it. However at £9.99 there are some cheaper alternatives on the market but the packaging of this one really makes it reach for it over others. 

Have you tried any of the re launched beauty products? 

Emily <3 

12 comments:

  1. I haven't tried anything from H&M, but I agree with you and think that there are some cheaper alternatives based on what you said! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Make Up Revolution and MUA do great palettes :) xx

      Delete
  2. This palette looks beautiful! I'm so excited for H&M's new makeup!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried anything from H&M makeup range, this one looks pretty however some of the eye shadows don't look really pigmented. I agree with you, there are cheaper and better alternatives out in the market :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lighter shades are slightly disappointing :) xx

      Delete
  4. Very nice. Would love it if you could check out my AW15 perfume picks including fragrance decor ideas!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not tried the H&M range but I have heard so many good things about it! The purple shades are really pretty and great for Autumn xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like purple shades during the autumn :) xx

      Delete
  6. I'm yet to try the beauty range from H&M but have heard some mixed reviews. Think some products are amazing whilst other lack a little bit… Love the shades in this palette, they are just perfect for autumn but shame the pigment is amazing for all the shades x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I heard mixed reviews but wanted to try it for myself! I feel that the single eyeshadows might be better :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric