Sunday, 11 October 2015

Life Long Beauty Essentials


I will be the first one to admit that I am a massive make up lover and hoarder and own more products that a normal person needs and would use. Because of this, I often try different make up everyday to test out new and different products. However saying this, I have a few products which I always turn to and will use for the foreseeable future and these include a make up brush, a powder, a primer as well as some nail polishes.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush: I remember buying this brush and thinking that I may not ever use it but I was very wrong! This has to be my most used brush as the quality is amazing and suits my small face well. I prefer to use this brush for applying and blending in foundation and powdering. The bristles feel very smooth and soft and works the foundation in well.

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder: As a oily skinned girl, I have tried a load of different oil controlling powders but there is one that works the best for me and that is this one from Bourjois. I find that this powder gives me a matte finish but still feels light on the skin and can be used on its own. I also love the scent and can see this product living in my make up bag for years to come.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: I couldn't possibly do a essentials post without mentioning this amazing primer. Normally eyeshadow doesn't stay anywhere near my eyelids but this eyeshadow primer is a life saver. Not only does this primer make the eyeshadow last longer but makes it more intense. Not to mention the cute packaging.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Liner in 'Bronzer': When it comes to liners, I wasn't really bothered until I found this liner from Rimmel. This eye liner makes it so easy to draw a line along your lashline and doesn't smudge which I love. I haven't found a liner that lasts as long for the price and I don't think I will ever stop using this product.

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in 'Nudist': I never got into the lip crayon trend as they didn't interest me but one product that I couldn't resist is this lip product from Soap & Glory. This shade is my perfect nude colour and is the one I turn to when I am wearing a bold eye look as it gives my lips that glossy feel and has a heavenly vanilla scent to it.

Essie Nail Polish in 'Mint Candy Apply: In terms of nail polish, there is only one colour that I really wear all year round and that would be mint green. I have a thing about this colour and own it in many different formulas and my favourite is from Essie but Barry M have a very similar dupe as well. When in doubt, paint your nails mint green!

What are your life long beauty essentials

Emily <3

8 comments:

  1. I love seeing people's beauty essentials (although I'm always tempted to spend money afterwards...)! The eyeshadow primer potion sounds amazing, I've heard so many good things from loads of different people.

    Your photos are great by the way!

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mint Candy Apple! It's a shade I love to wear all year round!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that brush, I keep using it all the time :) I really want to try that UD primer, it sounds really good!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the ideal the foundation brush :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Urban Decay Eye Primer and Real Techniques is one of my favourite brands for makeup brushes. The Essie nail polish looks amazing - I definitely want to try that one! My lifelong beauty essentials are the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, the Naked Palette, the Essie Nail Polish No. 55, Maybelline Mascaras and the Hoola Bronzer from Benefit. :) x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric