Thursday, 1 October 2015

The Berry Lips Edit


If you go back a year ago, I only owned and worn nude lipsticks and lip glosses because I felt too scared to try anything with a hint of colour to it. However fast forward, and I can't stay away from the bright and bold colours. During the summer I wear pinks but when autumn rolls around, I turn towards the berry more vampy coloured lip products. I feel like the darker berry tones suit the autumn fashion and style more and I thought I would share my favourite berry lip items.


First up is a lipgloss which I wear every week. The Revlon Colourburst Lipgloss in 'Bordeaux' is a berry shaded lipgloss which gives an opaque finish while still feeling comfortable on the lips. This is my most worn lipgloss as it applies smoothly on the lips and gives this deep wine berry colour with a bit of shimmer but isn't that noticeable. I have to mention the vanilla ice cream scent it has as well as being a non sticky gloss.


When it comes to autumn lipsticks, everyone thinks of the Rimmel Lipstick in 107 but I prefer the Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipstick in '29' which looks very purple in the tube. However let me tell you that it doesn't actually come off that purple and more berry toned which is ideal for me as I get more wear out of it. I would say that this lipstick is a purple berry shade with a blue undertone tone to it and is fairly long lasting. Who know I would love a purple lipstick so much?!


Out of all of these lip products, this is probably my favourite. The Maybelline Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Keep It Classy' has been my go to lip product for the last couple of weeks as it gives off a deep, berry toned plum colour which I adore for this time of year. The packaging of this pencil is very cute and makes it easy to apply on the lips without it going everywhere. The lasting power of this product is amazing because I don't have to reapply it during the day even when I am drinking and eating.























The last product is the Maybelline Colour Elixir in 'Glam 6' which is the most intense one of them all. This lipgloss is of a deep plum berry purple shade and has the pigmentation of a lipstick which is amazing but does apply very thickly so I do normally pat some of it off after five minutes so I still have the colour stain on the lips. I find that this is the easiest way to wear this product but if you enjoy a heavy thick lipgloss than don't forget to pick this up!


What are you favourites berry lip products?

Emily <3

18 comments:

  1. Ah, perfect! Love these colors of lipsticks! And ordered one lipstick of the color like your last lipgloss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are so lovely! I need to get my hands on the Kate one, such a stunning shade!
    www.fixmeinfortyfive.com - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a lovely purple shade :) xx

      Delete
  3. They are so pretty! Maybelline ones are my favourites! x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love berry toned lipstick, they're so perfect for fall! I've been looking at the Velvet Lip Pencil for quite a while now. I have two of those already and I love the formula, but I've never tried the colour you mentioned, it looks amazing!
    I love Rimmel Apocalips Lip Velvet in Meteoric Matte and Kiko Smart lipstick in 914 Amaranth.
    Have a nice day! xx

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Velvet :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love the Colour Elixirs! They are beautiful!

    Brunette-ish

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look gorgeous, perfect autumn colours. I actually bought the same Maybelline Colour Drama pencil as you the other day and love it! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favourite shade ever! :) xx

      Delete
  7. The Maybelline Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencil looks so beautiful. Definitely a perfect Autumn shade for the lips.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely worth a try :) xx

      Delete
  8. The velvet pencil looks gorgeous, I love the colour.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the perfect autumn shade isn't it :) xx

      Delete
  9. I totally love berry lip products!!! I've been using the Color Bomb in Bigger Berry by Too Faced very often recently!
    http://livialinette.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try this lip product :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric