Thursday, 8 October 2015

The Liquid Lipsticks


If there is one type of lip formula that I love, it has to be liquid lipsticks. It took me a while to move away from nude lipsticks and balms and step out of my comfort zone to brighter and bolder colours and that's when I first discovered this formula and haven't stopped using them since. I personally find liquid lipsticks easier to apply and generally have a great formula so I thought I would give you a run down of my favourites.


The first lip product is designed to be a lip cream which dries to a matte finish but I still refer to it as a liquid lipstick as it has the pigmentation of one. The Collection Cream Puff in 'Cotton Candy' is a lip product that I turn to when I don't want my lipstick going anywhere as it dries very quickly and doesn't move after it. This light pink shade is a great everyday colour and the vanilla smell makes it me want to eat it!


These Bourjois lip products have been out in the shops for a while now and have a lot of hype surrounding them but it wasn't until recently that I finally decided to pick one up and give it a try. The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 'So Hap' Pink' was the shade I brought and has become my favourite everyday lipstick. This product applies smoothly onto the lips without going everywhere and dries to a complete matte finish but doesn't dry you lips out and lasts until you take your make up off in the evening.


The Lo'real Glam Shine Stain Splash in 'Lolita' was one of the first lip products that I brought but still use it to this day. I know that this product is labelled as a lipgloss but I would say that it is a lipstick as it dries to a very matte finish and has the texture and pigmentation of one. What I really like about this product is that it still feels moisturising on the lips and stays throughout eating and drinking. The applicator of this item is perfect for the lips and doesn't waste any extra product either.


The last product is one that I have talked about fairly recently as it is a lovely berry shade. The Maybelline Colour Elixir in 'Glam 6' is a great budget liquid lipstick as it is has a very thick texture to it which can smudge if you apply too much so that is something to beware of. The pigmentation of this lipstick is unbelievable and is very hydrating, not to mention the super sleek packaging.


What are your favourite liquid lipsticks?

Emily <3

14 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! I love this post, liquid lipsticks are also one of my favourite things! I love the Sephora Velvet Lip Creams ( I think that they're called something like that) and MUA liquid lipsticks, they have a pretty good consistency and they don't smudge at all!
    Have an amazing day! xx

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really wanted to try these Sephora Velvet Lip Creams but these aren't easy for me to buy :) xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aren't they just great shade?! :) xx

      Delete
  3. These are so pretty! I am loving maybelline one, it is such a gorgeous shade! Something I'd definitely go for this time of year! x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful purple berry shade :) xx

      Delete
  4. I actually haven't tried any liquid lipsticks yet must give them a go really soon. These all look really great, I'll have to keep an eye out for these to try! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also a bit obsessed with liquid lipsticks, they're fantastic. Bourjois is one of my favourites from what I've tried so far x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Maybelline Color Elixrs, they feel amazing on the lips!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful lipglosses aren't they :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love the post! Your blog is just amazing:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric