Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Beauty Tips for My Younger Self


When I look back at pictures of my younger years, one thing that stands out is the lack of beauty knowledge and experience. A lot of the make up looks I rocked when I was younger, makes me want to hide in the hole and never come back out. However I thought it would be fun to share some of the advice I would tell my younger self...

Put down the Bright Green Nail Polish - I don't know why but I was obsessed with bright green nails during my younger years and wore it everywhere and let me tell you that it definitely didn't suit me. Thankfully I have grown out of the bright green phase and have turned to mint green instead.

Blue Eyeshadow doesn't suit you - Nowadays I only ever rock bronze and brown toned eyeshadows as they match my skin tone the best but back in the day, I rocked bright blue eyeshadow which definitely didn't match my skin tone. If I am honest, I can't believe my mum let me leave the house with it on.

Glossy Red Lipstick will smudge onto your teeth - I remember discovering my mums lipsticks and deciding that a glossy bright red lipstick would look great on me. I have nothing against the red shade but there was more on my teeth than on my lips.

Face Glitter won't do anything special - One Christmas, I received a Barbie themed beauty kit which included some facial glitter which I worn almost everyday. I still ask my mum why she didn't remove it from me as it just made me look like I had walked into a glitter ball.

Learn how to apply eye liner correctly - During my later teenager years, I tried my best to wear liner but I just couldn't apply it correctly which meant it ended up below my eyes. I didn't even try to apply it along my lashline. Thankfully I have finally nailed the art of applying eyeliner.

What would you say to your younger self?

Emily <3

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mint green is such a safe way to rock green nails, I love how soft it is. What would I say to my younger self...I'd say you didn't need makeup! You didn't need to go so heavy with the eyeliner!

    Yasmeen xx
    The Mirror Affects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this post made me laugh, loved it! I would have definitely told myself that highlighter doesn't go underneath my blush - although I can't remember it looking too bad lol!

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - My Autumn Matte Make-up Look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I'm so glad you liked this post :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric