Thursday, 12 November 2015

Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencils | Review


I have always been a lipstick lover and never really gave lip pencils a look in because they looked too fussy to use. This was my option until I finally picked up one of the colour drama lip pencils from Maybelline. I remember hearing that they were great dupes for the Nars Lip Pencils and thought that they were worth trying then.

The lip product is housed in a little pencil form which are the perfect size for popping into your muji storage or handbag. I wasn't sure about applying these but found them to be very easy and perfect for going right into the inner corners of the mouth without going everywhere. I have yet to sharpen them so I don't know what to expect.


The first shade I picked up was 'Keep it Classy' as I saw loads of people raving about it. I would describe this shade as a deep toned pink almost berry colour which is perfect for autumn. Even though it is a fairly bold colour, this is a shade that could be worn during the day and transited into a glamorous night time look as well. I like to pair with lip pencil with a pink champagne eye look.

The other shade I have is 'Fuchsia Desire' which was more as a random choice. As the name would suggest, it is a bold bright pink shade. I am a massive fan of bright pink colours as they can be fun to play around with. I find this colour more appropriate for spring and summer but still like to wear it on days when I want to be bolder.


The formula of these lip pencils is unlike anything else I have tried. Although they apply like a pencil, they have a creamy soft feel and glide across the lips to give an opaque finish. However once the product has been applied, it dries to mix between a matte and satin finish which doesn't smudge or move. Even after I have eaten and been drinking water, it still looks amazing. I never have to reapply them during the day and are such a bargain!

Have your tried these lip pencils before? What did you think?

Emily <3

24 comments:

  1. These look so lovely! I haven't tried them yet but I have been meaning to get them but I always forget! I love the shades of them! Lovely review!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it classy looks amazing. Defo need to pick it up for myself!

    Kate// http://katerosexo1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried these but they really remind me of the jumbo lip pencils by Bobbi Brown. Maybe these are a dupe!

    http://www.samanthaseries.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pencils, they are such fantastic quality for the price. Love the shades you have here very pretty. I have Berry Much & Minimal x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. both of these look gorgeous! I have to try them!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember hearing about these in a youtube video earlier this year and spent some time trying to track them down-- only to realize they weren't sold in the US :( Anyways, I love the two shades you picked up! If they ever do make it over here I'm def going to be picking keep it classy up for myself :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks! Maybe you could try buying online? :) xx

      Delete
  7. I have three shades of this range, but none of them are these ones! I think that I haven't seen these shades on any Spanish drugstores. I have Nude Perfection, Red Essential and In With Coral, and I love the three of them!
    Have a nice day xx

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'keep it Classy' is so pretty ! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review, I was wondering about these because they just seemed like they would be extremely drying & hard to even apply. This is why I love beauty blogging, because I can get the real details before buying!

    Z · HELLOZAUNI.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are easier to apply than they look :) xx

      Delete
  10. These pencils are great! I like how creamy they are and also really easy to use.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look great, I would love to have the fuchsia color in my collection ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric