Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Top Five Tuesday | Lipsticks


Recently I have been thinking about starting a new series on my blog and decided to finally do it. I have started off with lipsticks as they are my favourite and have named the series 'Top Five Tuesday'. I won't be posting these types of post every Tuesday but look out for them every now and again. Starting off with lipsticks sounded like a great idea to me because I am a lipstick lover and thought it would be fun to pick out my top five.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - I have talked about this liquid lipstick time after time and recently reviewed it. I can't sing enough praise for this lip product as it is truly amazing. The lasting power is unbelievable and the texture is smooth and soft. I own the shade 'So Hap Pink' which is a perfect every colour and is ideal for all day wear.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish '29' - This is one of two Rimmel lipsticks to be featured in this post. There is something about the formula of this lipstick that makes it so creamy and moisturising on the lips. I also have to mention the smell of this lipstick as it is of a cherry scent and is personally my favourite. The purple shade may not be for everyone but it is great for autumn.


Topshop Lipstick 'Brighton Rock' - It took me a while to try out a Topshop lipstick and I don't know why because they are of such great quality. They almost compare to the Mac lipsticks in that they are long lasting and very pigmented. The only thing I would say is that they are slightly drying after a whole days wear. This shade is a beautiful pink shade ideal for a casual day look.

Mac Lipstick 'Impassioned' - If I am being honest, I was quite scared to use this shade of lipstick when it arrived on my doorstep but have actually achieved a lot of wear out of it. It is a very bold bright pink lipstick but the formula is creamy, pigmented and smooth on the lips and is my favourite formula of lipstick. However I will add that I normally wear this during the summer months.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish '107' - Lastly is another lipstick from Rimmel. This is a fairly recent addition to my collection as I didn't think the colour would suit me but it has become one of my all time favourites and is a dark berry red. A lot of people say that this is a autumn lip colour but for me it is be worn all year round.


What are your favourite lipsticks?

Emily <3

8 comments:

  1. Ooh that MAC looks gorgeous! I have only one shade - Ruby Woo - but I'm thinking I should start branching out! x

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices, all perfect to push away the gloomy weather!

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric