Thursday, 31 December 2015

Farewell 2015


As 2015 is coming to a close, a look back at the last year shows stress, hard work, family memories, laughs and most importantly growth. This time last year I was scared and nervous about what the future held and wasn't very social able and shy. However a year later and I am so proud of far I have come.

Top 5 Moments of 2015

1. Completing my first year of my University degree.
2. Gaining the confidence to work over the summer.
3. Working on and maintaining friendships.
4. Celebrating 20 years of life.
5. Surprising my mum with a weekend at home.

What I discovered this year...

- Netflix. Yes I understand how late I am to the party on this one but it is truly amazing. I didn't know if I would use Netflix much or not but I am now completely obsessed and makes having a night in so much more exciting.
- High End Make up. As I got a part time job over the summer, for the first time ever I had money to spend on more high end make up. Let me tell you that most of it is worth the ridiculous price tag.
- Forever. If you haven't heard or watched this tv show before then you are in for a treat. I would describe this show as a mix between Sherlock and CSI. It is truly worth a watch!
- Sweet Potato Fries. When I set a target to eat healthier, I tried sweet potato fries and fell in love with them. Not only are they a super food but they make a great mid afternoon snack or side dish.

Blogging Achievements 

A. Making improvements to my photography. My photos are by no means perfect or even close to it but it is definitely an improvement from last year. To help make my photograph a bit better I created a couple of different backgrounds including marble and wood.

B. Blogging about topics I want. This year I have written about topics and ideas that interest me and that I have an option on rather than following other people. Always helps to be true to yourself.

C. Trying to improve my writing style. As a person who has a learning disability, I do find writing hard but this year I have tried my best to improve the style that the posts are written in as well as checking spelling errors.

Review of 2015's Goals 

1. Be Happy Don't Worry - When I set this goal I was anxious and worried and a year on I am still feeling on edge but I definitely feel like I have better control of my anxiety.

2. Get Up and Be More Active - Hmm... I feel that I can tick this this goal off as I have definitely become more active and finally joined the gym and actually went as well as swimming more.

3. Be Thankful for My Family & Friends - I have made a big effort to appreciate all the support that everyone gives me and I couldn't do anything without them. Cheers to them!

4. Cook Healthier Meals - I semi failed at this one as I started the first half of the year really well by not eating processed sugars or junk food but it went down hill towards the autumn and winter months.

5. Keep Up With Blogging - This was one that I feel like I have achieved to the best of my abilities and posted three posts per week except for December when commitments got in the way.

I hope you have had an amazing 2015 and that you have a wonderful new year!

Emily <3

4 comments:

  1. Congratualtions on your university degree and I'm another one that was late to the Netflix party! Have a good new year. xx

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix is amazing and have a wonderful new year :) xx

      Delete
  2. Your goals are really sweet x
    www.chapitretrois.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric