Sunday, 14 February 2016

Essence Lip Liners | First Impressions



For years and years I never bothered with lip liners as I didn't see the point to using them. I'm guessing this is because I didn't understand what they did. However over the past couple of weeks, I have become obsessed lip liners and the first place I went to buy some was Wilko to the Essence stand. I had heard a couple of bloggers talking about these lip liners and I thought I would give you my options about them. 


I picked up three of their regular lip liners in the shades 'Satin Mauve ', 'Cute Pink' and 'Red Blush'. I was originally looking for their creamy long lasting liners but couldn't find them so ended up trying out their regular ones. The texture of these lip liners is fairly dry and takes some pressure to achieve good pigmentation which was slightly disappointing. I would say that 'Red Blush' is my favourite as it is the easiest to apply. However these lip liners do seem to cling to dry areas and patches of the lips so you will definitely need to scrub and prepare your lips before hand.  


However I will say that the lasting power is great but it does take a while to apply on the lips. But for £1 per lip liner, the packaging isn't anything fancy either. Overall I would say that even though it is a bargain, there are definitely other better more creamy and long lasting lip liners in the drugstore.

Have you tried these lip liners before?

Emily <3

6 comments:

  1. These shades are so lovely! I do love a lip liner! Must try more from this brand, I see it all over the internet and everyone loves it! I think my local WILKO sells this so I will hae a look! Lovely post hun!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a brand to have a look at but they are a bit hit and miss!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love the essence lip liners.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not the best but still worth a pound :) xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I really need to try these ! Looks so perfect !! <3

    Suzanne xx
    Check my blog : http://yourlovelyplace.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric