Sunday, 13 March 2016

3 Lip Products, 1 Review



Recently I have been trying a range of different lip products and instead of writing a review about each of them I thought I would combine the reviews together for a little post. The three products that I have been wearing and trying are the Rimmel Provocalips in 'Make Your Move', Maybelline Super Stay 24 Colour and Relvon Colourstay Moisture Strain in 'Barcelona Nights'. All of these lip products have a matte formula to them and are designed and marketed to be long lasting and I thought I would share my thoughts with you.


The Rimmel Provocalips in 'Make Your Move' is a nude brown colour which can be described as a 'your lips but better' shade. The intense colour glides onto the lips evenly and the top coat seals the colour onto the lips and it doesn't move. The lasting power is unbelievable as the product didn't move from my lips and at the end of the day, even cleansing oil and make up remover couldn't move it. That is the only problem I found with this product but other than that I love wearing it.

The Maybelline Superstay 24 Colour is a similar product to the previous one as it contains a colour gloss at one end and a conditioning balm at the other. I would describe the colour as shimmery purple brown nude which may seem like an odd shade but it really gives the lips that wonderful extra something. The intense colour glides across the lips and sets very quickly and becomes sticky but the conditioning balm softens and smooths the lips. Again the lasting power is amazing but does require scrubbing at the end of the day.

The other product being the Revlon Colourstay Moisture Strain in 'Barcelona Nights' is a wonderful berry toned red ideal for the winter months. This product is slightly different from the two above as it is a strain. The product applys evenly across the lips giving an intense pop of colour. Throughout the day the colour does wear off through drinking and eating but the lips are left with a berry stain while still leaving the lips feeling smooth and soft. I will add that it comes off easily with micellar water when removing make up

Overall I really enjoy wearing all three of these products and they are worth a try. If you are ever in the market to try a new long lasting lip product I would recommend picking up one of these as they all have long lasting power.

Have you tried any of these products before? What did you think?

Emily <3

14 comments:

  1. I really like the look of all three of these, I think a trip to boots might be in order! xx

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any of these yet but I really like the look of the provocalips! Great post :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look so lovely! They shades are stunning! I think I need to go on a haul..
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Revlon Moisture stain looks so pretty! I'd love to pick this up and try it for myself x


    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the 24hr one last week and I'm so not sure if I like it yet...it seems a bit too matte for my lips as I usually like things full of moisture!

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes it is very matte! I personally love matte textures and finishes :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love how the Rimmel is super long lasting as well. The only downside I find was that it dried out my lips! :( I've not tried Maybelline or Revlon! Definitely should check them out soon.

    xoxo
    Regina
    http://mybeautymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that the rimmel and maybelline ones were slightly drying but the revlon one is more hydrating :) xx

      Delete
  7. Your blog is so sweet! I love how pigmented these are, I've been on a bit of a brown lip high lately so I'd love to try the Maybelline shade :D I've followed you on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric