Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Lip Liners On a Budget


For years and years I didn't really see the point in wearing lip liners as I don't think I really understood what it was designed to do. However these days, I never go without lip liner as it makes my lipstick last longer. When researching lip liners to buy, most bloggers and youtubers recommend high end brands such as Charlotte Tilbury and Clarins but as a university student I haven't got the budget for them. Because of this, I have been trying out a range of different lip liners and have found a few great lip liners on a budget.

The first liner I tried out was from Essence in 'Cute Pink' which has a drier chalky texture that makes lipstick last longer. However the quality of the lip liners varies and can be hit and miss as well as drying out the lips but for a £1 you can't really complain. Another budget lip liner is from Primark in a dark brown shade that has a creamier feel and stronger pigmentation but isn't as long lasting.


The Maybelline Coloursensational Lip Liner in 'Pleasure Me Red' is one of my favourites and has a very creamy texture and could be worn by itself and has great lasting power. The shade range of these Maybelline liners is amazing and the pigmentation is very strong and they glide onto the lips smoothly. The Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Liner in 'Brown & Bold' has a similar texture but isn't as long lasting and begins to fade after a couple of hours.

A lip liner that every blogger raves about is the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 'Eastend Snob' which is a pinky nude colour that glides smoothly and has a thicker texture to it and makes lip products last longer. The last lip liner comes from Kiko and is the Creamy Colour Comfort Lip Liner in 'Marsala' which is a deeper plum colour more ideal for autumn than summer with a very creamy and soft texture and that lasts all day and feels comfortable on the lips.

What are your favourite lip liners? Have you tried these ones before?

Emily <3

8 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to give that Rimmel lip liner a try. Great post!

    Ella xx
    www.ellaselement.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth a try :) xx

      Delete
  2. I completely disagree with the majority; you don't need an expensive lip liner for long lasting and defined lips! I personally love Rimmel, GOSH and MAC for lipliners!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding budget lip liners! I need to try MAc lip liners :) xx

      Delete
  3. I always think that lipliners are the one thing you really don't need to spend expensive money on. Most of mine are from drugstores and I can barely tell the difference between them and my MAC ones!

    Katie.
    xx ♥ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree! I don't normally spend alot of money on lip liners :) xx

      Delete
  4. I adore lipliner! You should check out Mac's also... I know they're more on the price side but they're holy grail products! Soar, stripdown, oak and bodly bare! And I also like Beet like a lipstick! It's a very intresting shade of red.
    http://beauty-corns.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the Soar lip liner from MAC! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric