Monday, 30 May 2016

May Favourites | 2016


I can't believe that its May Favourites time because it means summer is here and the end of another university year has arrived. I'm slightly worried about where the year has gone because I swear it was Christmas just yesterday. Anyway my favourites this month includes a cleanser, base as well as lip products and nail polishes.


The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter - £13 
Over the last couple of months, I have been trying a range of different skincare products but one that stood out more than the others is this cleansing butter from The Body Shop. This butter has a soft balm texture to it and is used to remove my make up and is my first cleanse in my routine. This balm leaves the skin feeling clean yet hydrated and smooth.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream 'Ivory' - £10
I don't normally wear foundation as I find them heavy and sticky on my skin so I often wear tint moisturisers to provide coverage. However when I spotted this CC cream I thought I would give it a go and it has become my base of choice. It has a light feel and texture and doesn't sink into the pores while still giving a medium coverage.



Kiko Creamy Colour Comfort Lip Liner '314' - £5.90 
If there is one product I have used almost everyday, it would be this lip liner. This pink berry toned lip liner is very creamy and glides onto the lips smoothly and lasts all day. Although this is a darker shade, I like to apply it under most lip products as it makes almost every lip product layered over the top last longer.

Rimmel Provocalips '730 Make Your Move' - £6.99
The only other lip product I have been wearing is this nude matte liquid lipstick from Rimmel. I prefer liquid lipsticks as they last longer and this lipstick is very pigmented. This nude brown shade is ideal for everyday use. The only issue I have with this product is that it can take a while to remove but cleansing oil helps to speed up the process.


The last favourite of mine is mint green nail polishes and I have three different nail polishes all of which have similar shades. The Maybelline Super Stay Nail Polish in 'Mint For Life' is a true mint green colour while the Barry M Jelly Hi Shine Nail Polish in 'Sky Blue' is more blue toned. Another wonderful mint green shade is Essie's Parka Perfect which is more muted green colour and contains shimmer particulars.

What have your monthly favourites been?

Emily <3

10 comments:

  1. Those nail polishes are stunning shades, so perfect for summer! I need to get some more mint green! I adore that body shop butter, it's so good!!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good mint green nail polish! :) xx

      Delete
  2. That CC cream sounds perfect for summer! I love those green shades, I've been wearing a similar Essie color a lot lately :)

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh! The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter intrigues me. I'm getting really into with skincare lately, I think I will be trying this one soon! I hope it's available here in the Philippines! Thank you for sharing this! Such a great help!

    Armi Mariee
    http://armimariee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope its available in the Philippines because it is amazing! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Camomille cleansing butter from TBS is L O V E <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Essie muted green nail polish is EVERYTHING! Totally adding this to my 'run to the store' list immediately!

    Gemma
    Faded Windmills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good muted green polish! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric