Sunday, 15 May 2016

The Skincare Shake Up | May


 A couple of months back at Easter, my skin decided to become completely dry and very sensitive and I tried every skincare product I had and nothing worked. After weeks and weeks of not knowing what to do with my red itchy face, I decided to place an order on The Body Shop of some products that Caroline Hirons suggested. I wasn't sure about The Body Shop skincare but after changing up my skincare routine, my skin has never looked better so I thought I would share them with you.


For my morning routine I decided to pick up a cream cleanser and a day moisturiser. The first step is to use The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser to wash my face. I have tried many different types of cleansers but with my dry and sensitive skin I have found that cream and balm cleansers work the best for me. This cream cleanser smells very fresh which is ideal for the morning and refreshes and cleans my skin. After this, I use the The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Moisture Lotion SPF 15 as my day moisturiser as it has SPF in which is perfect for the spring and summer months.  


When the end of the day rolls around the first thing on my mind is removing my make up and to do that I have The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. This cleansing butter has a balm texture to it and melts onto the skin, dissolving all the make up before being removed with a face cloth run under warm water. I find that removing make up this way is quick and very effective. Once I removed the make up, I go in with a second cleanse and use The Body Shop Aloe Calming Cream Cleanser, which is gentle on the skin. This second cleanse cleans the skin and removes any left over product and dirt. Finally I apply The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream to hydrate my skin and leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft.

I didn't mean for this to become a post all about The Body Shop Skincare but I couldn't help it as they have some amazing products. As a university student, I couldn't afford skincare that had a high price tag which was why I struggled so much but The Body Shop have some amazing skincare picks that are fairly cheap and they often have 40% off deals as well! Overall, I'm happy with my skincare routine and my skin has never looked healthier. These products work well for me but they may work differently for everyone else.

Have you tried skincare products from The Body Shop before? What did you think?

Emily <3

6 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Body shop vitamin E cleanser and the camomille balm to remove my make up!
    I'm a new blogger from Greece if you want, check out my blog too! :)
    http://beauty-corns.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camomile balm is amazing for removing make up! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love that cleansing balm! You've actually just reminded me about it, thanks! I have the bouncy mask from The Body Shop thats great, it really helps to hydrate the skin and make it look plumper.

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the bouncy mask! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've never tried The Body Shop's cleansing products, but they sounds really promising.

    http://www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely worth a try :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric