Saturday, 18 June 2016

The Summer Make Up Edit


Its officially summer time which means I'm cracking out the dresses as well as the summer make up. I often don't normally change my make up from winter to spring but do switch up my make up for summer to a lighter more appropriate look. During the hotter months, I prefer to wear lighter shades and bases as heavier make up normally melts off my face after about five minutes. The main products that change include foundation, blusher, eyeshadow and lip products.


In terms of base, I switch up the Relvon Nearly Naked Foundation for the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream. This cc cream is ideal for summer because it still provides coverage to hide any spots and problem areas but feels light on the skin and doesn't disappear after an hour. To aid the longevity of the cream, I often apply Seventeen Miracle Matte Powder over the top. This Seventeen powder is the only powder I wear in the summer because it has amazing oil controlling power. When it comes to blushers, I am all about the corals and peaches. I find that these tones of blusher are more suited to the summer months and give that flushed look and my favourites at the moment are the Clarins Blush Prodige in 'Sunset Coral' and Natural Collections 'Peach Melba'.


During the winter months I prefer to wear darker purple and bronze shades on my eye lids but when the summer months arrive, I crack out the lighter taupe, brown and champagne colours. One of my favourite neutral eyeshadows is the Nars Duo in 'Portobello' which contains two matte light taupe shades as well as the L'oreal Quad in 'Nude Lingerie'. I also like to wear cream eyeshadows such as the Max Factor Excess Shimmer in 'Copper' as they are long lasting and are easy to quick. When it comes to summer, I turn towards bright pink lip shades in matte formulas such as the Bourjois Rough Edition Velvet in 'Pink Pong' as well as the Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil in 'Fushsia Desire'. I also find that lip stains are great for the hotter months and my favourite is Revlon's Moisture Stain in 'Barcelona Nights'. 

What are your summer make up products?

Emily <3

12 comments:

  1. I really want to try Revlon's lip range, the colours are stunning! Great post.

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some great products :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love the look of that blush! Such a gorgeous shade xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blush tho, so pretty xx

    teamay.blogspot.hr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to repurchase the Bourjois CC cream as it's so lovely for summer and I wore it religiously last year! That Clarins blush looks beautiful!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing the clarins blusher :) xx

      Delete
  5. The cream eyeshadow looks gorgeous! I think I'm going to pick it up for my summer makeup bag :)
    Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth a try :) xx

      Delete
  6. That Revlon Moisture Stain is such a gorgeous colour! X

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric