Wednesday, 6 July 2016

Planner Overview + Sticker Haul


I have been thinking about writing a post about my new planner for a couple of weeks now but I wasn't sure whether it seemed interesting enough or if it would fit into my blog theme but over the last of days I have become completely obsessed by my planner and the planner world on YouTube that I thought I would share my planner with you anyway. I believe that Mikhila from Miss Budget Beauty first introduced me to the world of planners and that's when I became hooked.

When I first decided I wanted a planner, I immediately turned to the Erin Corden Vertical Life Planner but after looking at the shipping price, I went to look else where. I wasn't sure what type of planner I wanted but eventually I came across personalplanner.com  and placed an order soon after. The main thing that draw me towards this planner was that I could create everything to suit me and I am very pleased with it.


As the name of this planner would suggest you can customise many aspects of the planner and one of those things was the monthly overview which I have before the start of each month. I enjoy having this overview as it allows me to easily glance at the month and all the appointments and events that I have. I also decided to add it as the Erin Corden also contains a monthly view.


The inside of the planner contains week by week views and this can be customised as well. I decided to choose the vertical format as it's ideal for making lists and is different from other planners. I find the vertical format perfect for writing and suits my style of planing. The colour of the top and bottom bar is completely up to you but I did pick pink. There are many add ons that can be attached to bottom bar such as water trackers but I decided to keep it as plain as possible. The only negative thing about this type of layout is that the weekend is split in half but for me it isn't a problem.


After that overview I thought I would give you a look at a previous week I have planned. As you can tell, I really like to use stickers to plan. If your interested in this type of planning I believe it is called Glam Planner and there are so many videos particularly from Elle Fowler. The type of stickers I use are generally designed for the Erin Corden Vertical Planner but still fit in perfectly to this vertical format. As you may be able to tell, I like all the stickers to match and to have a them and these stickers are all from a printable kit from BeaYoutiful.


There are many different places you can purchase stickers depending on what type of stickers you would like and how much money you are willing to spend. One of my favourite places to search for cheap and fun stickers would be amazon. The stickers on the left are all from amazon and will be used over a few months. The most popular place to buy stickers would be etsy as most of them are targeted for the Erin Corden Planner but can always be adapted and changed to fit your needs. The stickers on the right are from an etsy shop called 'PlanWithJade' and she had some amazing kits! If your on a budget than you could buy some sticker paper and create your own or print off some printables that you can download from pinterst.


I also like to add washi tape to the bottom of my weekly spreads to add a fun touch. Washi tape is generally sold in most places but my tapes come from, Poundland, Tiger, Superstores as well as Amazon. I am also looking into getting stamps as well but for now its just stickers and tape. I hope you have found this post interesting and gives you an insight into my planner and accessories. If you guys are into your planning as well I would love to know what type of accessories you use! 

Emily <3 

13 comments:

  1. Love how creative this look! Lovely post.

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I do love washi tape! I'm beginning to create quite a collection :) xx

      Delete
  3. What an adorable planner! I love all of the stickers and washi tape always comes in handy!

    www.thebeautydojo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! I do love stickers :) xx

      Delete
  4. You are so much more organised than I am - I love stationary!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stationary makes everything better! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I wish I was as organised as you, I have a notebook which I used to store everything I needed to do in but I've neglected it so much recently, you've inspired me to get organised again though for sure!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing it hear! I hope you are successful :) xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is very cute :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love how you organized all of the stickers! Your planner looks wonderful!

    www.youarebeaut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric