Sunday, 14 August 2016

Summer Lip Edit


I'm back today with a new post about lip products ideal for the summer time. Recently I have been struggling with inspiration for posts but it occurred to me that I hadn't talked about my favourite lip products to wear during the summer so here we go. There are generally three categories that I choose from which include nudes, everyday pinks and bright pinks. The formula of lip products I adore most is matte which will be reflected in my choices.


In terms of nudes, there are two which I have been turning towards. The first is the Rimmel Provocalips 'Make Your Move' which is a dark brown nude colour. The Provocalips lip range have a liquid texture to them which dries to a matte finish that doesn't smudge. In fact, I have to use a cleansing balm to remove it at the end of the day because of the lasting power. The other nude lip item is the Mac Lipstick in 'Angel' which is a frost formula. I recently featured this in my July Favourites as I have been wearing it non stop. However frost isn't my favourite formula but when paired with a lip liner this is a great product.


The everyday pinks have to be my favourite shades to rock as they match every outfit and are comfortable to wear. The first one is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet 'So Hap' Pink' which is a mid toned pink with coral tones to it. The formula of this lipstick is of a liquid lipstick which has a matte finish. I have to say that all of the lip products from this range are great. The other product is the Collection Cream Puff 'Cotton Candy' which is a more dusty mid toned pink. This has a very similar formula but I would say has a drier texture and has a vanilla scent to it.


The shades I have most fun with is the bright pink colours. The first product is the Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stain 'Barcelona Nights' which is a bight pink coral shade that has a liquid texture. Unlike the other lip products mentioned, this one doesn't dry to a matte finish but rather wears away to a stain. For girls who like a low maintenance lip product, this may be the one for you. The final product is the Maybelline Colour Drama 'Fuchsia Desire' which is a blue toned bright pink. This product comes in pencil form making it easy to apply and dries to a moisturising matte finish which is very comfortable to wear.


What is your favourite lip product to wear during the summer?

Emily <3

13 comments:

  1. I love all of these shades and they are so summer appropriate! Loved this. x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear this! Thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  2. The rimmel provocalips is definitely one of my fave ranges! and this shade is super pretty :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of this range! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Bourjois' Velvet Lipsticks have been on my beauty wishlist for a while now. They look gorgeous. x

    Small&Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i love them! they look gorgeous! x

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't they amazing?! thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love these shades and they're all such great formulas! Lately, I've been wearing the Urban Decay Sheer Anarchy. It's a nice sheer, but still vibrant pink!

    Abby Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tried any urban decay lip products but I may need to change that :) xx

      Delete
  6. Oooh that MAC Angel looks so lovely! All of the lippies do! X

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these shades are so lovely, perfect for summer! xx

    Gemma Louise

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric